Friday, August 28, 2009

The House the Strange People Built

In my dream a few nights ago, we bought a house from and old family friend: Susan Palm. I think she was selling because she had to move, not really sure. I do recall that she looked like she did about a decade or so ago, but I was more current age.

The house had a living room with a vaulted ceiling and you could see there was a nice loft like area up above where some of the bedrooms were. She let me know that she had rented the top half of the house to someone for another 6 months and as part of the deal I would let them live up there for the rest of the contract.

It was a nice huge house at a good price so I had no problem with that. 6 months of rent would actually help us out. I vaguely recall the final payment amount worked out to about $3000 per month. And the renters were paying $1000 per month.

At this point I vaguely recall running into the renters, but not what was said.

I went around a corner behind the steps and found a toilet sitting next to a storage area under the steps. The rest of the house was a light almost sea spray green, but this area was a much darker blue green favoring the blue. There was a filing cabinet in one corner that was up against some kind of large black box. As I was checking it out a midget came cartwheeling into the area (this was not the renter I'd talked to earlier). When he stopped I noticed that his arms and legs were cut off at about the knees/elbows. He looked at me and said: "Check it out. I bet I can hide between these." and he motioned at the black thing and the filing cabinet which only had a few inches of space between them.

Sure enough, though, he turned his head in and squeezed right into the spot. The black box looked metal but had a bit of flex to it, not much though. Next thing I know he's calling his mom and telling her bet she can't find him. In comes cartwheeling and older lady midget with the same exact legs and arms problem. She couldn't find him until he poked his head out. At this point I noticed there was a dark area behind the filing cabinet so the guy gets out of the way and I move the cabinet and find a little cubby area behind it. Inside are some really, really old magazines and newspapers that I decide must be worth a fortune so I decide to take them to an antique store or maybe antiques road show.

This part of the dream fades away and the next part I remeber, I'm sitting in a room with a ton of relatives including my Grandparents on my Dad's side. Not only is she alive, but she looks like she did in my childhood and is clearly still married to Grandpa, who also looks much younger. My dad and Uncles are there and someone is in a bed, but I can't recall who.

At this point the dream ends.

Laje
43%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home