Friday, June 26, 2009

Bars and stars

Couple nights ago I had a dream where Melissa and I went to a bar/restaurant place. This was more bar than restaurant though. Lots of people, many wearing leather jackets. It strikes me we were looking for something or someone.
At some point we had to start running from somebody, so we went into a hallway behind the bar that had some small businesses in it. One of the businesses was actually open so we ducked in there.
Turns out it was a small church having a service. We stood there for a few minutes as their service ended with a song. For some reason I talked to the pastor, but in this dream there were no words. It was like we just somehow knew what was needed to be known.
Next thing I know the pastor has donned a red head band and sleeveless brown leather jacket and is sitting on a huge motorcycle. Some kind of Harley but totally modded. The rear tire was huge. I jumped in back and he started to take off. I vaguely remember that someone else was gonna take Melissa and that we were fleeing from some kind of criminal gang, maybe a mob.


Last night I had a dream that the whole family was up in Oregon; I'm guessing Portland area. We were crashing at someone's place. I recall getting up and thinking I had to get to class. I walked outside and my cousin, Tony, was there so we carpooled to the college.
When we got there we realized it was Saturday so there were no classes! Doh. I went to turn around but Tony said he had stuff to do anyway. So I went back without him.

It gets a little jumbled here. Not sure how much is not remembering versus dream weirdity. I recall being at the house (a beat up old victorian) and seeing our baby, Kai. I held him then I saw Melissa. I said something about having stuff to do and then I recall seeing Tony in a truck in the driveway. I gave Melissa the baby and got in my truck (don't have one in real life, both trucks were huge Ford F-350s, older ones). I recall us both going up the street in separate trucks, but for some reason Tony got out of his and into mine and there was something about me taking him back to his and us carpooling to save gas. Why we didn't start that back at the house I don't know.

We headed into town, it strikes me we were going to school again, but this time we decided to cut class because I saw a county fair like thing going on and wanted to see if I could find any old friends of mine. (Almost like Tony and I had time looped back to earlier in the morning).

We went by the festival thing, but for some reason we couldn't stop. I swore I saw an old buddy so I yelled his name out the window: "Dusty". (This is silly because Dusty was an old buddy from Santa Cruz, CA not Oregon!)
I was able to stop in an old abandoned parking lot a little ways away. Soon Dusty caught up with us and I was stoked at seeing an old buddy. We talked a little when a buddy of his came up and Dusty asked if I remembered him. I looked. It struck me that I should but I just couldn't place him. He then walked right up to me and flipped up his sunglasses. It was weird because they weren't the kind that could flip up, so he was still wearing shaded lens, but somehow they had changed a little so I could see his eyes, which were an eerie shade of blue. The almost looked like they were swirling, but I still didn't recognize him. At this point I'm not sure what we said, but something to the affect of catching them again later, but having to go since it was getting dark.

Tony and I jumped back in the truck and started driving. It got dark, really dark and the windshield of the truck fell off. I had to grab it real quick. It was like it had turned into one of those glass windows in the back of a camper shell that flips up. The top was only held on by 5 flimsy plastic clasps. I was desperately trying to get them to rehook, while Tony took over driving and pulled us to the side of the road.

Once pulled over, I got out and started fiddling with the clasps but 3 of them seemed to be broken and the glass refused to stay attached with only the other 2 holding. As I was doing this, I felt something brush my leg. I turned and saw wolves walking back and forth on the side of the road. I told Tony to turn the headlights on but now I realized the whole front end of the truck was missing. It was as if a giant sword had cut of the engine compartment and dashboard. I wasn't too worried, but I knew we needed to get out of there.

Here it gets weirder. The wolves started gathering around us, so we started moving with me holding the windshield in place, but we couldn't move very fast. (And, yes, the front end was still missing so I don't know how we moved at all!) The wolves circled the truck and then all of a sudden it was morning and they scattered. We were relieved, but then it flashed to night again and the wolves' eyes glowed in the headlights. We stopped and a car went buy us. The headlight glow disappeared and it was pitch black for a second. Then it was morning again and Tony and I just drove away.

Fairly sure I woke up at this point.

Laje
43%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home