Sunday, July 26, 2009

The banker and the jeweler

Continuing the school theme again!

I was at a University with Darin, Carlos, Eric and someone else, might have been Adam. We were all going there and it was lunch time so we went to the cafeteria. I recall standing in line and going out to where the tables were. It was a very cool veranda on a dock thing. You had an awesome view of the sea. I remember walking out holding my food tray and then looking at my wallet for some reason.

My wallet had 2 parts held together be velcro. As I pulled it out of my pocket one part fell on the floor and the other part was nowhere to be found. I started to panic and Darin commented that it was a dumb design for a wallet. I agreed and ran back to the other side to look for it. I just couldn't find it. I was missing some money, a couple credit and my ID.

After that I need to hit an ATM for some reason. But I had Kesi, Arriana and N'tan with me now. I went to an ATM in front of a jewelry store. For who knows what reason I let them go into the jewelry store while I used the ATM. The ATM was a small box made of mostly clear plastic with a weird black dial on it. There was voice activation also. It kept asking me inane questions. Like the usual, mother's maiden name, but this is an ATM! I started getting frustrated cause I couldn't get my money! I looked down and realized I wasn't wearing pants, so I put some papers I was holding over the front of my undies. I looked into the jewelry store and realized that the kids were wearing jewelry...

I tried vainly to get my money again, then gave up because now the ATM had a line. I went in the store and the kids were covered in diamonds. Tiaras, necklaces, bracelets, the works. I was bout to get mad when I noticed the old lady sales people were adoring the kids. One looked at me and said it was fine. The manager, however, didn't seem so pleased. He walked up and informed me that I could have it all for only $32,000! "That's only $10,000 per child." I scoffed, but realized he was definitely implying buy or get out. I gathered the children and returned the jewelry.

There was a little more but I don't recall anymore.

Laje
43%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home