Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dream please come true!

So last night I had this dream that I found a new place to live for us. The reason I found it was because my old Calculus professor was the one renting it out. He had a 3 bedroom house listed for $2085, which around here, is reasonable, if it's in a decent neighborhood. (Which is why we aren't even looking at houses. We currently pay $1250 for a 2 bedroom apartment with 1200 square feet and a small backyard.) But since this was my prof. I asked him about it. So he took me out to the place. The first time I saw it, it was in a decent neighborhood and was older looking but in decent condition.

My dream at this point jumped. Next thing I know I was coming back to the house cause I needed to contact the guy who lived there before for some reason I can't remember. I found my prof in the house doing clean up because the guy apparently left in rush and left a ton of stuff behind including the wrecks of 3 cars and a lot of clothes. I talked to my prof and helped him out a little and started talking about the place and when we could move in. Rent came up and apparently we had come to an agreement to pay less than $2085 previously but now how much less than that. I said that I would love to pay what I was already (This would be pretty outrageous in this area) and he laughed and got this bothered look on his face. I then threw out $1500 and said I could definitely do this and that I knew the place was worth more but that was all I could do. He thought for a minute and said, yes. But he noted that he just couldn't do $1250 in a way that made it seem he was irked that he couldn't do that low. I assured him that I was kidding and that $1500 was fine and would make me very happy.

At this point I checked out down the hall way again but this time it was different. There was a formal dining room with french doors leading to the backyard. They had a custom doggie door made in them for one of those miniature dogs. Past the formal dining was a double door that lead to the master bedroom which was huge (i think about 25x20) and had its own bathroom and walk in closet. I went back into the dining room and looked out the french doors and noticed that the neighborhood was now a really nice neighborhood. The rest of the house was nicer than it was originally, too.

When I went to leave, I saw my prof working on removing one of the cars. I told him it was too bad it wasn't a Datsun 240z cause I would keep it and use it for parts.(Note: My dad has a Datsun 240z for me to have but it has a frozen cylinder and could use some other repairs. Nice little car but I can't use it until I get the engine fixed.) :(

There was some underlying thing related to how I knew the previous tenant but I can't remember exactly what.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Wow! I had no idea rental prices were that high there. I was kind of annoyed that we had to pay $650 a month for a 650 sf 2BR duplex, having come from our place in lafayette where we payed $425 for a 900 sf townhouse.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Laje Kahr said...

Oy vey! Yeah, this would be why we are seriously considering leaving California again. The prices are nutz.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home