Sunday, September 25, 2005

Alien invasion

So last night I had a really weird dream. Some of the details are kind of sketchy. I do remember though, that I was with a bunch of people I had met through World of Warcraft. Of course, in real life I have never met any of these people. The weird part is we were going to some kind of convention, where they were showcasing the release of a new MMO. I'm not sure what kind of MMO it was. I do remember that we all went up a stairwell, which was divided into two sections. It wasn't until later that we realized we had gone up the out. So we had to go back and get back in line to actually get into this thing. I remember us generally talking about the other MMO's and their weaknesses and strengths.

At this point I'm not really sure what happened. I remember something about mattresses (which, I think, means I've been reading too much Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, cause that doesn't make any sense.) But anyway, some where around this point, one of us chose to look up. Of course, after some screaming, we all actually noticed the UFO's in the sky. This, of course, started mass panic and general hysteria.

Somehow at some point, I went from viewing this from first person to viewing it from way above in the sky. It was kind of like watching those old B black-and-white UFO movies. Each UFO would slightly tilt forward and shoot down this ray, which apparently was a radiation ray. Any people that were hit with it ended up looking like those old movies, where a person melted away from radiation contact. When it hit the buildings, they also kind of melted.

After watching it from above for awhile, I zoomed back into my own head. I was desperately trying to find a place to hide. I remember finding a house that somehow I knew had been built by a company that I had worked for, which meant that it had a secure radiation proof basement area. I have no idea why I knew that or why a company would have such a place. But I closed off the secure door and started exploring the place. At the end of the house, I found a little triangular shaped room, which had a window in the angular wall, which was made out of that corrugated steel stuff you see on the roofs of cheap sheds. At first it appeared to me that the window had no glass, and yet somehow I knew that it was still radiation proof. After close examination, I realized that it did actually have glass or some other radiation proof material. I cautiously looked out the window cause I didn't want the aliens to see me.

When I looked out the window I saw the Terminator. Apparently he was still a good guy Terminator, because he was shooting at the aliens with a giant Gatling gun. Of course, this made me a little bit nervous because if he hit the room I could get killed or the radiation to get in. So I went further back into the house to look for a new hiding place. I found a little mini closet, which had an ironing board drop-down thing in it and squeezed into it. I remember, at this point, hearing the Gatling gun bullets rip through the room I had been in.

The details between that point and the next point are really sketchy, and I really don't remember what happened.

The next part that I do remember, is that I was with my family, including my kids, and we're looking at some kind of weird museum thing in a person's house. I think also couple of my real life friends were with me. I remember it being almost like a bizarre costume party instead of an actual museum. Unfortunately my memories are really sketchy at this point, and all I remember is one of my kids being scared of something, something about a restaurant (more Hitchhiker's Guid influence, I think) and seeing there were some other kids asleep.

I have been rereading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I think some of it carried over into my dreams, heh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laje Kahr said...

lol,
I just have weird dreams period...

My next post is going to be on the nature of my dreaming...I just haven't finished it yet...but it takes dreams to a new level...

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home