Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Mining the kitchen...

So I dreamt that my whole family (including the kids) and a few friends were on a research team. We had found that under the back of an old house there was an old mine shaft that had some strange properties. So we got our gear and went into the house. Apparently, this was a hush hush government type job because we also went in expecting the possibitlity of trouble. I had a gun on me.

When we got into the mine area, we started setting up various pieces of equipment. As the other were doing this I went back up into the kitchen which is where we could access the shaft and it gave us a good view of the front door. One of the other people in our group came up and I asked him if he would keep watch since I really wanted to get back down and help with the research. I saw a lizard and for kicks & giggles shot its head off. I then turned to the guy and asked if he knew how to use a gun. He got this smug look and said "of course"
I then insisted on seeing him shoot, so I pointed at the lizard (which was on the kitchen counter only a few feet away) and told him to shoot it in the neck. He jokingly walked up to and touched the neck with the gun muzzle and said "here?" I replied "Yeah, but not from point blank!"
He then stepped back and missed. Somehow I was satisfied. Maybe because I proved he was being arrogant; I don't know. Anyway, I went back down to help with the research.

Shortly after that, I realized that I was hungry and decided to get food for myself and one of the other researchers who was hungry also. So I grabbed to 2 scarves and a short straight katana (ninja-to). Wrapping one scarf around body and the other around my head, I was suddenly feeling a lot like a 'real' ninja. So I started running down the street.

Apparently, everyone on this street has a sword, even the kids. Everytime I passed someone I would tap their sword almost playfully....some had real swords and some had wooden practice swords. (No I don't get it either)

I finally go to the fast food place and ordered my food when I realized I didn't know what the other researcher wanted. I had just run quite the distance and didn't really want to run back and forth again. I debated for several minutes before ordering the other guy a bacon and egg sandwich. I then took off and made my run back, once again tapping swords with ever person I ran into.

Once back, I resumed researching, but shortly thereafter we heard a noise. Since I didn't fully trust the guy watching out I went up the shaft to the kitchen. It was dark outside but I saw something move out one of the windows. I went to investigate. As I approached the front door, I saw someone move by the window again. He was wearing a yellow HazMat suit. Suddenly I got sprayed by some liquid. As I looked around I realized that there were tubes sticking into the house all over the place spraying this liquid. I suddenly felt a rush as I realized that there was No Way this was a good thing. I ran down to the shaft and told everyone that they needed to get out as fast as possible. The whole crew ran out as fast as they could getting sprayed as the went.

Once we were all out the guys in HazMat suits went into emergency help mode and dropped portable plastic tubs and immersed us to remove the substance. Of course the kids were tweaking out and we tried to comfort them but the whole situation was rather freaky. They also gave us eye drops and something that went down our throats to neutralize anything we may have swallowed. Yuck. I was looking over to see how my youngest daughter was handling the mouth thing when I was, oh so rudely woken up by my alarm clock...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Wow...detailed dream. I especially like the tapping of the neighborhood swords.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home