Friday, October 14, 2005

The Prom

So last night I had a dream that I was taking my wife to her Senior Prom. We had found a sitter for our 2 daughters but not our son (He's the youngest and still in diapers). So I went back to my In-law's house, which was where my wife was waiting for me. Apparently, my grandparents on my mother's side were living with them. (Not very likely..heh!)

My father-in-law said that he would be around but couldn't be responsible for the boy. So I went to my grandpa and asked him to help me out. All he had to do was make sure the boy was okay, since they all lived in the same house anyway. He agreed and I was stoked because I was beginning to think we wouldn't be able to go. When I got downstairs, I saw my wife wearing a beautiful dress and she looked fabulous. I told her that things were taken care of and that I would hurry up and get changed out of my street clothes.

Once I was dressed up, we left. Our car was a mini cooper that had a soft top. I tried to adjust something and ended up breaking the soft top right off the car. I was trying to fix it when my wife said to forget about it cause it wasn't going to rain anyway and she didn't want to be late. However, when I got back in the mini had turned into a single person golf cart that had pedals so small that I couldn't even push one at a time. And yet somehow we got to the place the Prom was being held. (I have no idea how...)

This place was a weird place that resembled a cross between an open campus school and a city center and it was situated in the middle of a cool looking forested area. It had several ramps and stairs leading the various buildings. In one building there were large windows and I could see a ballet class that was going on inside. We circled around and found the place they were having serving the food for the dance and it had an outdoor cafe feel to it.

And thus ends the tail with a rude awakening by a crying baby...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home