Tuesday, October 04, 2005

About my dreams...

Part of why I am writing this is to capture something about my dream world that I have noticed.

My dreams are always strange. Many people I know have realistic dreams. Let me clarify. They have dreams that could actually happen, even if the situation is highly improbable. For instance, a dream about sleeping with Cindy Crawford or becoming the President of Iraq or something like that. I don't have these kind of dreams. I have the oddities so far that I have written. Even my reality based dreams always have weird twists. For example, I had a dream that some friends and I were running from the cops and ducked into a 7-11. So far realistic, except that the 7-11 had 30 foot high ceilings one second and when I looked again the ceilings were gone and you could see the sky. The I looked again and the ceilings were lower and purple. (Also during this dream I found out that my friends and I were vampire hunters and we had found what we thought was Dracula's hide out.) Reality always tweaks out in my dreams.......

The Exception:
When I do have a realistic dream, it is real to the very last minute detail. Everything is real. Walls don't disappear, locations don't suddenly change, people don't turn into things.
And now for the strangest part...
They come true.


*Dramatic Pause*


Yup, the come true. Every single one. The dreams are usually short, sometimes only seconds in length. The longest one I remember was only a few minutes. These snippet dreams have both intrigued me and slightly haunted me. So I am hoping to catch one and write it down before it comes true. Yes, I understand the concept of Deja Vu and other pseudo precognition concepts and this doesn't qualify. These are dreams I have and then the situation occurs, sometimes years later in places I had never seen prior.

And now for the Really Strange stuff
I can here you now..."It gets stranger? No way!"...Yes it does.
I have shared at least 3 dreams that I know of. As in, I have had the same dream as someone else, usually at the same time. I am going to post the full details of 2 of those dreams in the next few days. But essentially in one I shared a dream with a close friend of mine where we were secret service agents and another dream I shared with someone I had not previously met about the world coming to an end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

I dream weird all the time. If I bothered to keep a journal, I'd have 3 books filled up by now. Like yours, the more realistic my dream is, the more likely it happens in real life. The chaotic dreams, I've found, are there to tell you something.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Laje Kahr said...

I find it almost bizarre how many people tell me that they, too, have dreams come true when the topic comes up.
Reminds me of the end times prophecy:
"And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams." Acts 2:17

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home