Monday, September 17, 2007

Whacky beach

In my dream last night, my family and I were walking to a beach to go swimming. To get to it we were walking across a large concrete road/bridge thing. We got towards the end of it and it made a sharp 90 degree turn but the road was angle downwards. (Basically if you followed the angle you'd walk right off the bridge.) I went towards the edge to get a view of the beach and realized that we were around 300 feet up in the air. (The number 326 comes to mind.)


The beach was almost directly below us but we'd have to snake around the down part of the bridge to get there. From this height I was able to notice that the beach's interesting shape.

The beach was a giant U shape but in the middle of the U there was a huge sandbar with a very steep angle which created something like a "3rd" beach in the middle of this odd little "bay".

As I was checking out the beach I lost my footing and fell. As I was falling I realized that I needed to stop myself cause hitting the water would be deadly at this height so I grabbed rafters as I flew past them, eventually I was able to slow my descent enough that I could actually grab hold of one of the rafters and stop myself about 20 feet from the water. After getting a good grip, I let go and dropped the rest of the way down.

I then looked up and realized that my wife was tossing the kids down after me cause I guess she thought I had jumped on purpose! As soon as they hit the water I dived after them and pulled them all to shore. They were fine and had thought it was fun. (No way in real life, my eldest is very scared of heights. She'd have been in tears to be dropped from any height.)

After this, we swam for a little while but the beach was insanely crowded so we decided to see if we could find a more secluded spot.

We ended up walking through this boardwalk/mall type place that was right up against the beach. It had restaurants and business offices and tourist shops in it that were a big giant maze. At one point I found myself in the restaurant trying to figure out how to get around the tables and back out. I finally found a door but it lead to an atrium, which only had doors back into the restaurant or this little research office.

I vaguely remember finally finding my wife and kids again, and some more swimming and talking to a researcher but its all fuzzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home