Monday, March 24, 2008

Closet-aphobia

(Pre-amble: I struggled with claustrophobia for many years. I'm still mildly claustrophobic. I think drowning would be one of the worst ways to die.)

In my dream a few days ago I was at some kind of nerd party. Some of us were playing table top RPGs, others were working on some kind of research, etc. One person was showing pictures of her research trip. At some point I realized I had to go to the restroom. So went and found one.

It was one of those dinky "half bath" kind with just a toilet and sink. This one was so small that the "sink" was just a spigot and there was a drain on the floor. The toilet had a roughly 10 inch diameter. I was having trouble sitting on it so I decided I would just pee and hold the rest, but the toilet was so small I missed and got pee on my boxers, doh!

I turned the faucet on to try and wash the spot, but when I turned the faucet off the water kept running. I quickly found out the drain didn't work! I turned towards the door to get out when the entire room shrunk, but the door grew taller and I had to reach up to get to the handle! Now my shoes were soaked. I grabbed the handle but it appeared to be broken and my fingers were slippery.

The water level kept raising and the claustrophobia kicked in and I started to panic.

Somehow I forced myself to wake up. Unfortunately, it was 3 AM and I did not get back to sleep. As of writing this I still feel a little groggy from lost sleep.

Laje
43%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home