Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Of acid and levees

In my dream the night before last I was with a group of friends hanging out (The "friends" in my dream were not people I know in Real Life at all...) when this guy comes over and starts handing out sheets of acid and my "friends" all start getting high. They were using lighters on the sheets to somehow "activate" the acid. I walked out of the room and stumbled on a couple more of my friends getting high (these two were actually a couple I know in Real Life and probably the last 2 people on the world you would ever think would get high.) I got rather disturbed because the lady is someone I know who has a young kid so I tried to get her to stop taking the acid, but she just resisted me. So I grabbed her sheet of acid and started grabbing everyone's sheets and after I grabbed them all took off running.

After awhile I ran back to the house to see what happened and there was a cop outside. I walked up to the cop and tried to explain that I had taken the acid sheets from the people inside to try and help them, but my words were coming out funny and the cop's face was starting to melt. I realized that I was getting a contact high from the sheets and suddenly I was worried that cop was going to arrest me since I was clearly high and was holding several sheets of acid.

Then I woke up.

Last night I had a dream that I went to the grocery store with my wife and my friend Darin. While my wife was shopping I stopped at a manga counter the store had setup and started perusing the Inuyasha manga because I was curious about the differences between the manga and the TV show. As I was doing that Darin walked away. I stayed there a little longer and then went to figure out what Darin was doing. I found out the grocery store also had a bar in it and Darin was sitting there. Apparently a couple other patrons had challenged him to a drinking game (for those who don't know, in Real Life, Darin is a big guy and can hold his liquor quite well). I laughed to myself knowing the other guys were going to lose. I didn't really want to stick around and watch them drink, though so I went to leave. Right before I left I notice the game start and the bartender gave Darin a drink and called it a "Wilkins" or something like that. Darin took a sip grimaced and told that bartender that it was just a plain old Sam Adams. Then he downed it as I left.

I left the store and caught up with my wife when I realized that I had left behind the manga I had bought. I ran back to the store and saw that they were closing. One of the clerks was dropping down a big gate over the door so I ran up and slid under it and hurriedly explained that I left my books. When I looked around I realized the grocery store had changed from a Safeway-like store to an Asian Fish market even including signs all over in Chinese. I grabbed my manga and slid under the gate again.

By this time my wife had already left so I started running home. I ran and ran and ran. I ran across a field and suddenly I was riding a bike and crossing several sets of train tracks that were in an uncontrolled intersection so I was very careful to check for trains. Then suddenly I was running again with the bike nowhere in sight. Next thing I knew I was jumping a gate and was running along a levee that was 3 inches wide at the top and 6 inches wide at the bottom and about 3 feet tall. On the left side it was full of water to the top and on the right there was a little bit of mud and a lot of rocks. I kept running on the top for sometime but kept losing my footing so I jumped down to the rock and mud side and hoped the levee didn't break while I was down there.

I was still running there when I woke up to our dog nosing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home